Date(s) - 07/24/2021
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Sotheby's New York Auction House
Join Fashion Week San Diego® in New York City!
FWSD has partnered with Sotheby’s and the Art Renewal Center for our 1st ever in-person event in NYC – July 24
FWSD couldn’t be more excited to announce that we are bringing our annual FWSD signature event, “The Art and Beauty Behind Fashion,” to NYC, in partnership with Sotheby’s and the Art Renewal Center (ARC). As in years past, this stunning event will feature each designer presenting their exclusive garment inspired by an art piece from the Art Renewal Center. Also, let’s talk about some girl power – for the first time in the event’s history, all nine of the designers featured are female, including NALLA, My Generation, Bea Cruz PH, J2911, Moondust Concepts, L Label Loves Emvee Bikini, Outsiders Clothing, Eiona, and Sierra Mitchell.
- • WHEN: Saturday, July 24th
- • IN-PERSON ATTENDEES TIME: 6 – 9 p.m. EST
- • VIRTUAL SHOWTIME: Watch the shows on our @fashionweeksd IG at 6pm EST or on the Fashion Week San Diego Facebook page at 7:30pm EST
- • VOTING: Like in previous years, attendees (both virtual and in-person) may vote for their top fashion designer from July 24 – July 31 on FWSD’s voting page, and the winner of the show will be announced at FWSD’s signature runway event this October in San Diego.
- • EVENT DETAILS: As part of its third partnership with the ARC, FWSD’s “The Art and Beauty Behind Fashion,” designers will debut their original couture outfits paired with and inspired by premier pieces from the 15th ARC Salon Competition. The distinguished ARC Salon Competition is the largest in the world for representational art, receiving over 4,941 entries from 83 countries during the last cycle. These nine winning paintings, paired with FWSD designers’ original looks, allows the artists to promote contemporary realism to a wider audience and expose the Representational Art Movement to top fashion designers around the world. In addition, this will allow FWSD designers to gain exposure to top art collectors and influencers around the world, creating an ideal partnership.
- • TICKETS & PASSES: “The Art and Beauty Behind Fashion” will be an exclusive event requiring an RSVP to be made in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org.