S U R V I V A L G U I D E
The Fashion Week San Diego® 2018 Runway Shows begin ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!
Friday, October 12th – Sunday, October 14th, 2018.
To ensure you have the best experience possible at FWSD18, we want to give you exclusive tips for each night/day of the shows. Remember, each event of FWSD18 is entirely unique, so make sure you don’t miss any of them. We can’t wait to see you on the Runway!
VIP Kickoff to FWSD18
Friday, October 5: FACES+ – 6pm.
FREE for all FWSD VIP Pass Holders.
(This event is tonight, one week before the FWSD18 Runway shows.)
FWS18 Night 1: The Art & Beauty Behind Fashion
Friday, October 12: LUX Art Institute – 6pm.
FWSD18 Day 2: Exclusive VIP Beauty Runway Pre-Party
Saturday, October 13: LUX Art Institute – 4-6pm.
Additional pass required. Get yours here.
FWSD18 Night 2: FWSD18 Designer Runway Shows
Saturday, October 13: LUX Art Institute – 6pm.
FWSD18 Day 3: Annual Trunk Show & Fashion Awards
Sunday, October 14: LUX Art Institute – 10am-2pm.
When You Arrive:
Guests will check in under the last name that was used to purchase their week passes. At this time, week pass holders will receive their VIP or GA lanyards that give them access to the remaining nights of runway shows. Once you have a lanyard, you do not have to wait in the check in line the remaining nights. YOU MUST BRING YOUR LANYARD WITH YOU EACH NIGHT TO GET IN. FYI • VIP Pass Holders that attend our Kickoff to FWSD18 Party TONIGHT can pick up their passes tonight, and bypass all check inlines at the runway shows!
1. How early should I arrive?
Doors open at 6pm each night. Arrive no later than 6:00pm or you’ll miss part of the show! FWSD starts on time!
2. Is photography allowed?
Photography is allowed. Please be considerate and refrain from blocking other guests’ views. Please tag @fashionweeksd or hashtag #FWSD18. We love to #reshare your photos.
3. Will there be seating available?
Seating is for VIP pass holders ONLY. GA pass holders have standing room only. If you need seating assistance please see a FWSD team member.
4. Parking? There is NO PARKING at the LUX.
FWSD attendees can park in the following places:
- Redeemer Presbyterian Church • 1831 S El Camino Real, Encinitas, CA 92024. Cost is $10 per vehicle, and parking is first come, first served. (Church parking not available on Sunday 10/14.)
- Street parking. Please be aware of signs and tow away zones.
- For all events we suggest taking a ride share (Lyft or Uber.) Please party responsibly, no drinking and driving.
5. Where to get your glam on!
Don’t want to do your own hair and makeup for the runway shows?
We get it, treat yourself! Here are a few options for you:
- Saturday 10/13 • Beauty on call with Ja’maal: Exclusive VIP Beauty Runway pre-event.
- Guests will enjoy:
- Lash applications from celebrity lash artist Ja’maal Buster (as seen on Beyoncé, Rihanna and sold out on QVC)
- Makeup Applications
- Hosted bar and appetizers
- Nail Polish Color Changes.
- Killer gift bags valued at $200 ++ including products from Purlisse, Pureology, Formula Z Cosmetics, Nyx Cosmetics, Eclipse Essence, Morphe Cosmetics , Carlsbad Outlets & an incredible Kendra Scott Jewelry discount.
- Hair Styling and Blowouts at Detour Salon- Enjoy getting your hair done before the runway shows at this upscale salon located only 4 minutes away from LUX Art Institute (the runway show venue.) For appointments and additional info click here.
6. There’s an FWSD App for that!
Did you know that Fashion Week San Diego not only has an app, but that you can live #VOTE during the runway show week for your favorite#FWSD18 Designers and [this year also] for your favorite Art & Beauty Team. The top 3 Designers and top Art & Beauty Team, voted on by YOU, will be announced during our Sunday Trunk Show and Fashion Awards. Download the Fashion Week San Diego App now so that you’re ready to #MakeYourVoteCount during the runway shows: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fashion-week-san-diego/id560296234?mt=8